What better dessert is there than a good cheesecake?
Ok probably a lot. But cheesecake is right there at the top! 😍
I usually prefer a baked cheesecake, but unbaked cheesecake is always a quick and easy yet delicious route to go. As the saying goes ‘when life gives you lemons, make lemon cheesecake’. Ok not really but it’s a good plan. After not finding a tangy enough lemon cheesecake that satisfied me, I decided to just wing it. So I decided to add pineapple in it as well, coz why not. Also, I was pine-ing for it 😏
Hope you enjoy! This recipe is literally easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
Lemon & pineapple cheesecake
- 1 packet tennis biscuits
- 4 TB butter
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 500GM mascapone cheese
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice ( preferably not freshly squeezed as it tends to give a bitter taste once it stays overnight)
- 1 medium finely chopped pineapple (alternatively 1 tin of crushed pineapple)
- Crush the tennis biscuits
- Melt the butter and then stir in the sugar
- Mix it well into the tennis biscuits
- Transfer it to your cheesecake pan and flatten it
- Leave the pan in the fridge so the base can harden while you’re making the filling
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the base. Decorate as you please!